If your college student is moving into an off-campus apartment or house, they need renters insurance to help protect their belongings. Contact Agency 10 today to learn more about insuring laptops, TV’s and other valuables. http://money.cnn.com/2013/08/19/pf/expert/renters-insurance/
494 Road Construction Update/Bass Lake Road Exits Affected
- The northbound 494 ramp to Bass Lake Road is closed beginning 8/8/2016.
- The ramp from Bass Lake Road to northbound 494 is also closed starting 8/8/2016.
- Southbound 494 exits are open.
- Exits are expected to be closed for 1 month.
- For those coming from the south, please check for alternate routes such as the Hwy 55 exit.
People aren’t getting the life insurance coverage they need because they think it’s too expensive, but 80% overestimate what it would cost. This infographic breaks down the myths on costs and really puts in into perspective when you compare it to other monthly expenses.
Agency 10 was a proud sponsor of the Rogers Youth Hockey Association Golf Tournament last Friday. Thank you to our golfers: Kris, Susie, Katie, and Aaron! Congrats to this patriotic foursome (Devon, Jamie, Liz and Mary) that won the “Beverage & Snack Cart” that Agency 10 sponsored.
It’s no secret that staying in touch with an injured worker is a simple way for the employer to express compassion and lift the employee’s spirits. A simple phone call from the manager to check in and touch base with the employee a day or two after the incident can be the difference between a simple lost-time claim and a litigated, ongoing lost-time claim.
Here are 5 things to consider on this matter:
- Silence speaks volumes
- The best way to deliver the wrong message is to say nothing at all.
- Reaching out to injured workers give employers a chance to say the things that will reassure them.
- Seek to eliminate anxiety and confusion
- The more you can assuage their worries, the more you can help them focus on getting back to full health and productivity.
- When it comes to starting the conversation, let compassion be your guide.
- Contact can keep the claim out of court
- Every step you can take to reassure an injured worker that their job is safe reduces the chances of attorney involvement.
- Don’t hesitate to involve the claims representative
- Employers should be encouraged to consult claims representatives to help eliminate any roadblocks and unanswered questions.
- Another role that the claims representative can play is s to be the bearer of bad news about the claim, instead of the employer.
- Keep it simple
- Even small gestures of compassion from an employer can go a long way, they don’t have to be formal or scheduled.
For entire article go to https://www.sfmic.com/publications/companion/companion_16_may.pdf
The thought of purchasing life insurance can be very scary and intimidating. Trying to learn all the terminology is overwhelming. Our job at Agency 10 Insurance is not only to sell Life Insurance but to be a resource that assists you in being an educated consumer. Please take the time to read the following article “4 Core Life Insurance Tips”, which explains the following:
- Know Why You Need Life Insurance
- Understand the Type of Policy You Need
- Know When to Choose Term
- Know How Much to Buy
Our family at AGENCY 10 wishes your family a safe and happy holiday weekend. Please take safety precautions when grilling and when handling fireworks. And please do not drink and drive.
Please note that our office will be closed on July 4th, but we will back open first thing Tuesday morning July 5th.
Agency 10 Insurance is a proud sponsor of the Carrie On 5K, which will be held on August 13th, 2016 in Rogers, MN. Please come out and help us support this great community event.
The Carrie On 5K and Brooklynn’s Brigade Kiddie Run was founded by Angie Volk, a friend of the Lorman family, to Carrie On her memory. All proceeds from the event will remain in the Rogers community. This year’s proceeds will be distributed as follows:
- A scholarship will be awarded to a student at the Rogers High School
- Help will be provided through the Rogers Lions to families dealing with hardship/loss and to C.R.O.S.S.
- Money will be given to the Rogers Police and Fire Departments for rescue equipment
Injuries are a leading cause of disability for people of all ages – and they are the leading cause of death for Americans ages 1 to 44. But there are many things people can do to stay safe and prevent injuries. Make a difference: Spread the word about ways to reduce the risk of injuries. Encourage communities, workplaces, families, and individuals to identify and report safety hazards.
How can National Safety Month make a difference?
Click here to find out:
There’s a lot to learn when you’re getting started with life insurance, and there’s still a lot to learn when you’ve had insurance for years! Life insurance has no one-size-fits-all option. Singles with no dependents often need little or no coverage. But it can be an important purchase for people whose families depend on their income to cover daily living costs, mortgage repayment, college, retirement or other major expenses. Agency 10 Insurance wants to make sure you understand the basics and feel confident that you’re making informed choices.
- What is life insurance?
- Uses of life insurance
- Determining your needs
- Types of life insurance
- Beneficiary designations
- Settlement options